Pelvic Health at PTW
The Physical Therapy & Wellness Institute is a premier provider of Pelvic Floor Therapy. Many patients feel that their pelvic floor or women's health issues might be private or embarrassing.
We work hard to ensure that our pelvic health patients are relaxed and at ease during their treatment. Patients receive one-on-one care from a pelvic floor rehab expert in a comfortable private treatment room.
Our trained therapists consider the patient's medical history and preferences to create a personalized and comfortable plan of care and will educate that patient on their specific injury.
The Pelvic Floor
The pelvic floor is a network of muscles, tendons, and ligaments that help support organs such as bladder, uterus and bowels. The pelvic floor is very complex. It controls the bowel and bladder functions and even plays a role in sexual function, your lower back, core, and abdominal strength.
Pelvic floor physical therapy can address incontinence, lower back pain, sexual dysfunction, postpartum recovery, and more!
- Stress, Urge, Mixed Incontinence
- Urinary Urgency/Frequency/Overactive Bladder (OAB)
- Incomplete Emptying/Retention
- Post-micturition Dribble
- Post-Prostatectomy Leakage
Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Cystocele, Rectocele
- Uterine Prolapse
- Pain Following Prolapse Surgery
- Prevention/Delay of Surgery
- Fecal Incontinence
Pelvic Pain Syndromes
- Levator Spasms
- Pudendal Neuralgia
- Urethral & Rectal pain
- Painful Bladder Syndrome/IC
- Abdominal Adhesions
Sexual & Genital Pain
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Hip and Buttock Pain
- Manual Therapy for Pain
- Pelvic Floor & Core Exercises
- Education on Symptom Management
- Electrical Stimulation/Modalities